Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Virgin Mortgage Application

(2 Posts)
user1478764659 Thu 10-Nov-16 08:05:22

Hi, wonder if anyone can help or advise. I am currently going through a remortgage with Virgin Money. Never used them before.

The initial DIP (credit check) went through fine, but i am not sure how their process works. My Mortage Advisor told me yesterday that they had done their inital asessment? Is this the scrutiny of bank statements?? Now they have requested paysips and a reference from my employer. Is this a good sign? They say the process takes 10 working days and if they fail to meet that they pay me £100 for every day over the 10. Its been 4 days and no vaulation has been requested that I know of.

Thanks in advance. J

Bearbehind Thu 10-Nov-16 21:27:24

I don't think there's a standard answer. Our mortgage is with Virgin and we didn't even have to submit bank statements.

It sounds positive that it's moving quickly so at least if it's not the news you want then you'll know and be able to explore other options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now