Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

House of Fraser returns outside of 28 days

(3 Posts)
longhotbath Tue 01-Nov-16 17:20:59

Ive recently bought several dresses in different sizes, colours etc from house of Fraser. I have just had a baby and with the short hospital stay, madness of having a new baby and mild PND, I didn't return half the parcel until approx 2 weeks after the 28 day return policy. The goods were in perfect conditions and total about £60. I have today received the items back with a letter advising I cannot have a refund as more than 28 days have passed. I have spent the day emailing customer series back and forth and have requested a call from a manager tomorrow. The agents today have just quoted the policy which I totally understand that I was outside of, I was just hoping for a better outcome. I had a couple of other items with ASOS and Dune that were also retuned outside of 28 days but were refunded without question. Is it worth me pursuing this or should I just accept im stuck with £60 of goods I don't want? A quick internet search suggests their customer service isn't the best....

WatchingFromTheWings Tue 01-Nov-16 17:32:18

Ask if you can swop them maybe? Unfortunately they aren't obliged to refund so if you are stuck with them it might be worth selling them on. It may be at a loss but it's better than nothing.

LIZS Tue 01-Nov-16 17:39:15

Their 28 day policy exceeds consumer regulations which actually only allow you 14 days. You can appeal to their discretion but they are under no obligation. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now