Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax Rebate

(3 Posts)
user1472640125 Wed 26-Oct-16 13:10:49

Hi all,

I receive a letter from HMRC on Monday informing me that I was due a tax rebate as I had paid too much tax for the previous financial year (nice suprise).

I have have had similar letters in previous years but they included a cheque for the amount owed to me.

This time I have to go online and enter my details to claim it back. Has anyone else had this? It looks legit but im always dubious of things like this as I know a few years ago there was an email scam going around.

Have they changed the way they now make payments?

Thanks in advance

IAmALionTamer Wed 26-Oct-16 13:14:07

I had this 2 weeks ago, I called them and it's legit. I did the online process giving them my bank details after speaking to them on a Wednesday and the money was in my account Monday morning.

user1472640125 Wed 26-Oct-16 13:24:32

Thanks for your reply. Good to know you had the same too and that you called to check.

I will now go online and claim it back. A very welcome suprise and much needed at the moment!

Normally dread opening brown letters from HMRC so am very pleased 😃

Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now