Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Closing csa account to open cms one, help!

(1 Post)
duckwalk Mon 24-Oct-16 23:07:19

Wondering if anyone can help with a child maintenance question? I claimed csa about 3 years after I separated with ex (took me that long to pluck up the courage). But then, I'm ashamed to say, I dropped it in place of a private arrangement of about £300 less a month due to the extreme pressure he was putting on me. I can't remember if I asked to close the arrangement with the csa.

After about a year of paying a pittance, he asked if he could have "a year off" as his wife was at uni studying. Can't believe I went along with it!! I was so stupid and trying not to rock the boat as he is an abusive controlling narc sad

Anyway, I want to get an arrangement set back up again..not privately! I applied through the new child maintenance service and told them about the former arrangement. Waited 2 months and got a letter today saying it has been rejected as I have an existing case with the csa, and have to close it then wait 3 months to apply again.

Has anyone else had this? It's so frustrating..he's not had to take any financial responsibility for dd for over a year, and in the meantime he has had a hair transplant, got a new car and bought a puppy of a European championship dog, and paid to get it imported. Feeds it steak as he eventually wants to show the dog.

Just venting, sorry! He always bloody lands on his feet, every single time angry
I have no idea how to close the csa account as I no longer have paperwork, can only find cms details online and Child Maintenance Options couldn't help either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now