Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Home insurance extras

(5 Posts)
TheDuchessOfKidderminster Sun 23-Oct-16 12:42:39

Do I actually need accidental damage cover or personal possessions? Or would it be foolish not to add these as extras just to save a few quid? I think I'm pretty typical in the types of things that I own and we don't do much in the way of DIY. We do have two small children though!

dementedpixie Sun 23-Oct-16 18:43:10

I would definitely include accidental damage

JoJoSM2 Sun 23-Oct-16 23:15:20

Do you know how much you could save? Might not be that much. We've just done our insurance today with every possible cover and a few high-value individual items and it came to just over £600 for the whole year...

TheDuchessOfKidderminster Mon 24-Oct-16 00:08:06

The quote is from Direct Line - just over £100 for the standard policy, where accidental damage and other things are added on. Their Plus policy, which is the next one up, includes accidental damage, etc. all in but is double the cost of their more basic policy.

JoJoSM2 Mon 24-Oct-16 00:24:11

Oh... That could be a bit difference then...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now