Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Spreadsheet/debt tracker

(4 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Sat 22-Oct-16 17:06:49

How would one go about making one of these? I want something really simple that I can look at and know exactly how much is owed on each of mine and dhs cards, the sofa, hmrc etc.

I don't want anything too confusing- I never really got on with ynab before- I loved the idea of it but I really couldn't do it all the time and I'd have a few pounds missing somewhere and a missing receipt.

nannynick Sat 22-Oct-16 18:09:53

Would doing a Google Sheet with one column for each debt be enough?
Top cell in the column could be the amount owed at start.
Next cell down could be amount left to pay (amount owed - sum of payments).
Then cells below are each payment made.

If they are simple repayment type debts that may be all you need.

RavioliOnToast Sat 22-Oct-16 18:34:54

Maybe, I'll have a go at that tonight, I kind of want another stab at ynab. I have 2 current accounts and would like all the DDs changed to that account so we can put in every month after pay day what is owed on the bills and then see what is left to play with after that. Dh thinks this is just an extra step and we're okay as we are. I'm desperate to get us completely out of debt and try to figure out what is owed exactly where.

Ta1kinpeece Sat 22-Oct-16 21:59:16

Feel free to download and adapt to your hearts content
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/1987219-SPREADSHEETS-for-Debt-Control-Budgeting-Mortgages-etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now