Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child maintance first payment

(5 Posts)
user1469893790 Fri 21-Oct-16 07:33:39

Hi in July I contacted the child maintance service as my ex was refusing to pay anyway I got advised to start with direct pay which I did my ex didn't respond to any of there letters or calls so my case got escalated to collect and pay my first payment was due on 19th oct and still no sign of it but when I look online at statements it doesn't say they've received the payment. I've had no contact from Cms to inform me of non payment or any quiries. Should I contact them or leave it a few days?

NespressoSnob Fri 21-Oct-16 07:47:30

Yes I would advise you to contact them fairly often to try and push it along, but be warned they can be pretty useless. If you do receive anything it may not be for a few months yet, and it can take up to a year or more after your case has opened to ever get anywhere with non-payments.

user1469893790 Fri 21-Oct-16 07:52:19

Really? They were so adamant when they phoned me they were putting a detachment of earnings in place that was middle of August then I got a letter with a payment schedule saying 19th oct for first payment but I assumed because they were doing an attachment of earnings that it would all be straightforward clearly that's not the case then. Thanks for your reply.

Leatherboundanddown Fri 21-Oct-16 14:43:37

Could there be a chance that your ex has left his job/changed companies?

user1469893790 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:00:57

I rang child maintance today my ex works for the army. The army had put into place the attachement of earnings then my ex said he's disputing paternity so they have removed it but my ex is not communicating with child maintance so to do a DNA test he has to contact them which he hasn't so child maintance are in contact with the army to find out what's happening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now