Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Compensation from utility company

(1 Post)
JeanPadget Tue 18-Oct-16 21:54:45

Hello. I'm posting in the hope that someone has experienced a similar situation and can advise me.

Last December my electricity company replaced the electricity meters in my house. (I had two because of E7; no gas.) The company was utterly incapable of closing down the old meters and setting up the new ones, so I kept getting fobbed off with estimated bills. Last summer I'd had enough, so I wrote to the CEO of the company and within four days the troubleshoooting department took over. These replacement meters were removed last week, replaced by a single meter, and hopefully the who farrago should be over soon - or at least, within the year smile.

The (very helpful) woman who has been keeping me informed of progress since I wrote to the CEO has now mentioned, in very vague terms, compensation. Does anyone know how much they are likely to offer & how much is a reasonable sum to ask for? I've spent hours of my time trying to get this resolved, and whilst I don't want to be greedy, even £10 per week would come to something like £420 now. Any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now