Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MLM Bot Watch 26 - Powered by Twunks Yazoo. Tragicomic cultic wampum flogging scamalamadingdongs like Forever Living, Ariix, Herbalife, Younique, Juice Plus, Life Tree World (RIP)

(977 Posts)
ambler21 Fri 14-Oct-16 10:41:31

Links to old threads to follow

ambler21 Fri 14-Oct-16 10:59:02

Thread 25
Thread 24
Botwatch Facebook
Timeless Vie Facebook
Bot Watch Blog
Timeless Vie Blog
Hommetrepreneur Facebook
Eyespying MLM investigation Blog
Please add other links as you see fit smile

ambler21 Fri 14-Oct-16 11:18:31

Congratulations to all who have been involved in these threads, be that from the start or new joiners.

A year or so ago googling 'MLM scam' would have only returned page after page of positive spin / propoganda from MLM companies themselves. We've helped to change this.

Over time we have uncovered lots of information about the realities of joining one of these schemes.

The reality is that most who join will lose money overall and spend a lot of their time doing it.

Timeless Vie and Bot Watch are just two of the activist groups that have grown from these pages and are helping people make more informed choices and offering a safe space to those who have been damaged by MLM or simply chosen that it's not for them.

We are keyboard warriors smile But we are also people who truly care. This spirit was embodied by our friend CAM who sadly passed away this year. We carry on with that same spirit

cozietoesie Fri 14-Oct-16 12:46:22

smile

cozietoesie Fri 14-Oct-16 17:31:37

It seems like 'Why use a simple word when you can use one that sounds .......better', Sponge.

(But do remember to proof read your copy first. wink)

cozietoesie Sun 16-Oct-16 17:50:46

Sorry - that came after a quick look see revealed various documents. smile

nannynick Sun 16-Oct-16 19:11:14

ProjectX appears to be something from Ariix. At least those who are mentioning it are Ariix distributors.

Time will tell what ProjectX is and which of the companies is behind it.

olives106 Sun 16-Oct-16 20:14:23

I found a lovely yoga class I'm enjoying. Unfortunately the teacher is into doterra essential oils. I looked them up and it's an MLM, and one particularly known for making dangerous medical claims (oils will cure anything). She's constantly inviting us to 'free essential oils classes!'

I'm unsure whether to keep going to the class and try to tune out the oils bullshit in class and one the email list, or whether that raises my stress levels enough to contact the lovely calming yoga

olives106 Sun 16-Oct-16 20:14:44

*to counteract the yoga

Tupperwarelid Sun 16-Oct-16 20:21:19

If you search #projectx on fb all the bots are saying exactly the same thing about it. Obviously following the company line, saying lots without saying anything!

MyCatsHateMLMtoo Mon 17-Oct-16 19:27:14

Argh! just back from holidays and couldn't find the new thread (I searched, honest grin, so started one today. I will go and get it deleted forthwith. Thanks for starting this one, ambler.

cozietoesie Mon 17-Oct-16 20:14:16

There may not be a lot they can say at the moment, Tupperware. wink

TFPsa Wed 19-Oct-16 10:20:20

I expect that project x is just, y'know, an expensive seminar or whatever that lowdown distributors will be pressured into wasting money on.

dylsmimi Wed 19-Oct-16 18:29:57

I have a friend who has been posting about project x and wondered if you all knew what it was! I am not crazy enough to 'pm me hun' which seems to be the only answer!
Apparently it will #boom and #create dreams hmm
My bet is some dodgy diet supplement

Whatsaldigottodowithit Wed 19-Oct-16 19:09:37

I think there was a link to this missed on the old thread, I would do it if I knew how. I also had to do a bit of searching for this x

cozietoesie Wed 19-Oct-16 20:34:01

It's a most unfortunate name for something. smile

TFPsa Wed 19-Oct-16 20:46:49

I very much doubt that X has anything to do with products, which are only ever incidental to these scams.

It'll be to do with recruitment and probably a way to squeeze more cash out of existing distributors along the way. These are the real twin pillars of the MLM model.

dylsmimi Thu 20-Oct-16 00:21:45

That's even worse than the products with all their spurious health claims.
I am meeting up with said friend in a few weeks so will report back if anything is mentioned though I darent ask any questions as I don't want to be recruited!

chachaslide Thu 20-Oct-16 14:30:59

Keep seeing this ProjectX as well? Can no one tell what's it all about? I did see recently a video where there CEO sounded off about FLP - he was really having a go - thought he was going to pop a vessel - if that's the leader of a billion dollar business - then God help all involved!

cozietoesie Fri 21-Oct-16 14:37:51

It's a saturated market so the gloves will likely be off. Interesting times.

Annie65 Fri 21-Oct-16 22:02:47

Ahhhhhh glad Ive found you all again. Thought I had lost you all, phew.grin

dylsmimi Fri 21-Oct-16 22:32:10

Someone has asked my 'queen bee bot' about project x conversation went
'What is project x?'
Qb bot 'top secret'
'Ok'
.... Silence!
Don't think that 'ok' was the response she wanted!! No 'please tell me/I'm excited /I've pm ed you/can't wait to join' just 'ok' grin

Annie65 Fri 21-Oct-16 22:33:37

Phew found you all.grin

Annie65 Fri 21-Oct-16 22:35:39

Sorry about the mix up folks my ipad playing silly buggers.blush

BSintolerant Fri 21-Oct-16 23:10:43

The Sun's shining on the righteous and the unrighteous.

www.thesun.co.uk/news/2004940/tubby-payroll-clerk-who-pilfered-nearly-100k-from-bosses-to-fund-transformation-into-lifestyle-coach-faces-jail/

C'est magnifique, Hooky Street. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now