Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

experience of claiming PPI with N&P

(3 Posts)
albazavi Tue 11-Oct-16 16:23:05

I've recently found out that we had mortgage protection insurance when we had our mortgage with Norwich and Peterborough 6 years ago. We were paying it for about 2 years. My dh works in banking so does most of the mortgage paperwork. He knew we had PPI but didn't want to claim as it was a close family friend who sorted out our mortgage and insurances.

I do feel we were miss old as we were sold it based on the risk of losing our jobs. I'm a teacher so a very secure job and my husband was secured on a 3 year graduate scheme at the time.

I'd like to put a claim in but my dh hasn't wanted to because it would feel as if we were claiming against a friend. I think it's the company that would have pushed her to sell it to us, rather than her fault!

Does anyone have any experience. If we put in a claim, we she know about it or get into trouble for mis selling? Also has anyone claimed against N&P with success?

TIA

FlabulousChic Tue 11-Oct-16 21:24:48

She won't get into trouble at all it's down to the company you bought it from not the person who sold it to you

MrsOs Mon 05-Dec-16 23:09:09

Did you put a claim in, how did it go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now