Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI Issue advice needed

(1 Post)
dawneloise Tue 11-Oct-16 01:41:05

I called Lloyds and asked if I'd had ppi from them and received a letter saying no, in the meantime I'd filled out a form for a ppi company but left it sitting on the side ready to post if I didn't hear anything from Lloyds.

Found out that my DH posted the letter for me when I got a text from the ppi company saying they'd started proceedings but thought oh well Lloyds say there's nowt there so it won't matter.

I've now had a letter from Lloyds saying that they made a mistake and I did have ppi and that they're dealing with it. I've messaged the ppi company and told them that I don't want them dealing with it but they're not happy and threatening to invoice me with admin charges if I cancel.

I've looked online and all it says is that you can't have 2 ppi claims ongoing and that the first one supersedes any future claims so hopefully that means that I have first dibs. This company wants me to pay 30% of what could be a fair amount of money to me.

What can I do? Any ideas? Tyia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now