Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Halifax mortgage

(7 Posts)
Prinbeck Wed 05-Oct-16 12:43:11

I've had a mortgage in principle does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision my application went in 3 days ago but I can't stand the waiting for a yes or no

CookieDoughKid Thu 06-Oct-16 10:19:04

I'd give it up to 2 weeks but they are usually pretty fast!!

Prinbeck Thu 06-Oct-16 10:20:00

I've had the survey money taken from my account is this done before or after a decision?

CookieDoughKid Thu 06-Oct-16 11:36:55

Not sure tbh as it was a while since I last did mine. You should ring up Halifax mortgages to clarify.

Prinbeck Thu 06-Oct-16 12:28:54

I've tried because it's through a broker I have to ask them but she's told me only to contact her in a weeks time

vicki2010 Thu 06-Oct-16 22:44:15

I was inpatient too so I rang the bank direct. Just because you do it through a broker doesn't mean you lose authority to check. When I called the bank hey confirmed an offer would be on the way soon. Within an hour or so my mortgage broker rang me with the same information, I played ignorant!

elfofftheshelf Fri 07-Oct-16 15:31:54

It usually takes about a week, but can be longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now