Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone had a review of their CSA case ?

(6 Posts)
Iwanttoseethesea Sun 02-Oct-16 11:41:58

Rang CSA to change my name after getting married recently. I asked if they had ever reviewed the case and they said it hadn't been reviewed in 4 years ( not sure why) but they would review it now as the amount of nights ex has DS has changed and this is considered a change of circumstance.

Question is has anyone else had their case reviewed ? Just wondering how long it took ? I rang CSA mid September.

LemonSqueezy0 Sun 02-Oct-16 13:08:02

Under CMS it should/would be reviewed yearly to check Salary levels with HMRC and if there are any changes, such as a - /+ 25% change in salary within the year or change of nights it should be notified to cms and reviewed immediately.. If you're under csa im not 100% sure, but my understanding is all cases are being closed and taken over to cms soon anyway

Iwanttoseethesea Sun 02-Oct-16 17:04:35

Thank you. I asked the lady on the phone if they did a yearly review and she said no! I asked then how they check if the payees salary has changed or increased and she said they rely on the payee supplying that information - as if that would happen !!

Iwanttoseethesea Sun 02-Oct-16 18:02:04

Anyone else. ?

LemonSqueezy0 Tue 04-Oct-16 19:02:15

Definitely should be reviewed yearly .. Are you csa? Or CMS? I think you can request a review on csa anyway. Call back and speak to someone else

redsky21 Tue 04-Oct-16 19:24:38

The CSA don't automatically do a review, but you can request one if you suspect your ex partner is earning more or there is another change in circumstances. I recently had one and my maintenance went up by £40 a week, as ex is now earning considerably more than when it was first worked out. Mine did take a while, I requested it in January and they didn't get back to me until April, although I think my request had been lost in the system somehow. They did backdate the extra amount to January though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now