Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

A letter from HMRC or Concentrix Part 9

(47 Posts)
mamamiaa Tue 27-Sep-16 07:11:13

Have you received a letter from HMRC or Concentrix? This is part 9. Hopefully we can support each other and try and make sense of it all.

Overtiredbackagain Tue 27-Sep-16 08:21:37

Marking my spot. Still waiting to see what's happening with my award. Desperate now as my car is leaking water angry

mamamiaa Tue 27-Sep-16 10:29:04

Me too, hopefully will receive our award notice today and then know a bit more about whats going on x

Overtiredbackagain Tue 27-Sep-16 11:02:15

It will be a relief to get it over. Just had notification that my DD has received middle rate DLA, so I need to notify them of that but will wait until I get my award first, I don't want to add to their confusion!

Shell234 Tue 27-Sep-16 16:03:50

I received a letter saying my no changes to my award sorry for the worry blah blah but someone on Facebook said that was a standard letter just to say my case was now with hmrc not concentrix. But I received a new award today with no changes to it so hopefully that is the end of it .

Overtiredbackagain Tue 27-Sep-16 16:13:21

That's great Shell, if you've received your award, that's the end of it x

mamamiaa Tue 27-Sep-16 16:52:05

Thats good shell, how long after your letter did you receive your award

Shell234 Tue 27-Sep-16 22:29:53

I received it the day after . My case started in july The only time I ever had any communication with them was to tell them my daughter was going to college .but good luck to every one .smile

Flojohns80 Wed 28-Sep-16 17:59:23

I received my letter Saturday to say no changes and have received my tax credits final award letter today so only a few days i waited.. so relieved it doesn't feel real good luck to everyone still waiting to hear xx

mamamiaa Wed 28-Sep-16 18:19:04

I received my letter last week but still waiting for my award notice. Flo, was yours to do with childcare?

Shouldstartaprotest16 Wed 28-Sep-16 18:50:15

Can't help but feel a bit jealous of everyones cases being closed, 4 weeks without money now, waiting for my housing benefit to end, and income support as I'm surely that'll b next, 500 pound in debt wiv my nan who has payed my bills and bought kids winter coats ect... Feeling quite depressed

whirlygirly Wed 28-Sep-16 18:54:44

Well I've had the letter on Monday but no award yet. I have got an extra payment (a few pounds less then normal weekly amount) going into my account tomorrow for some reason though - this kind of oddness normally means that the change of year is happening.

Will check again tomorrow to see what payment is coming next. In the last month my payment day (am weekly) has gone from tue to wed and now another one on thurs.

Will be a relief to see an award so I know where I stand for the coming year.

whirlygirly Wed 28-Sep-16 18:56:57

Should start, hope you get a resolution soon. I think they're just closing off anything they haven't started (like mine, even though they've had 5 months hmm) to focus on getting ones like yours sorted. Fingers crossed for you.

Overtiredbackagain Wed 28-Sep-16 19:23:02

I'm trying to find comfort in that surely they wouldn't be paying be an extra £44 tomorrow (had my full four-weekly payment last Tuesday) if they were going to slap my with a whopping great overpayment bill? No award yet and had my letter last Friday.

Flojohns80 Wed 28-Sep-16 19:54:55

Overtired i had an additional payment of £163.00 today and my tax credits don't go in till the 11th as i get mine monthly.. I didn't have a clue what that payment was and panicked but then received my awards notice today.. are you able to log into hmrc to see your next payment date?

Overtiredbackagain Wed 28-Sep-16 19:58:34

My next payments have never shown beyond the next one payment so hopefully it will update tomorrow.

mamamiaa Wed 28-Sep-16 20:07:14

Same here, looks like i am receiving £2.49 tomorrow which is an odd day as i receive my payments. 4 weekly. I am hoping it updates on line tomorrow and that this is not my new payment confused

SplitEndsBushyEyebrows Wed 28-Sep-16 20:11:00

For those who sent a mandatory reconsideration, keep calling HRMC and ask to speak to the dedicated team! I finally got hold of them today and the advisor (apparently) reinstated my payments on the phone, from the date my payments stopped, she advised that I would get the 5 weeks payments back in a lump sum next week - won't hold my breath! She said I will still need the MR to get rid of the overpayment for the period under investigation with Concentrix and she wasn't sure whether I'd need to send anything further or not but did say that my case was not actually allocated anywhere, so do call in as your case may just be sat somewhere not being looked at.

Overtiredbackagain Thu 29-Sep-16 13:22:50

Award come through - no changes x

mamamiaa Thu 29-Sep-16 16:50:22

Brilliant news overtired, i'm still waiting!

Shouldstartaprotest16 Thu 29-Sep-16 17:05:08

I may try this as mines in for mr, just become so sick of ringin as it never gets me Anywere and I'm always told a fresh batch of bullshit

JustSomeGuy Thu 29-Sep-16 17:59:28

Just some info gleaned from elsewhere, HMRC seem to be getting your appeals into their systems this week, still some delays but as some here said already some successes also, if you haven't called this week do so asap. I heard a rumour from inside HMRC that their tax credits staff have dropped almost everything to get this cleaned up, new phone lines set up too apparently although haven't been able to find the number, their call centre line appear to be giving it out if you're waiting on an appeal.

mamamiaa Thu 29-Sep-16 18:09:27

Oh i have got my final award! It was mixed up with leaflets! Im so relieved! No changes!
I hope everyone else waiting receives theirs soon x

Overtiredbackagain Thu 29-Sep-16 20:38:44

So pleased for you Mama x

whirlygirly Thu 29-Sep-16 21:25:49

Mine's here too! Minor change but only because I had a pay rise this time last year. smilesmilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now