Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Matched betting - have I done this right?

(9 Posts)
lifeofsiam Sun 25-Sep-16 21:11:43

It's my first time with matched betting, and I'd like advice on whether I've started it off properly.

I've registered with bookmaker A as a new customer, which will trigger £20 of free bets following my first bet of £5 or more at decimal odd of greater than 1.5

I've placed a £5 bet with A at 1.61 on tennis player B to win tomorrow against opponent C.

Betting exchange company has given me odds for a lay bet of 1.66 on tennis player B.

My stake for the lay bet is also £5.

How does that sound?

If it's right, I should then get the £20 of free bets from bookies A, and then I go through the same process.

Thanks in advance for any help here. It's complicated, but has now become a mental challenge! I messed up my first attempt by not choosing great enough odds with bookmaker A and had to cancel the bet, losing the exchange lay bet which couldn't be cancelled. It was only a few pounds, so a cheap mistake, but my aim is to make money, not keep making mistakes.

user1471453629 Mon 26-Sep-16 12:20:01

Sounds about right to me. Maybe have a look at bank of bets for some calculators and guides on what to do. The forums are really helpful too.

Don't place any bet or lay until you are 100% happy that you have done everything right. I always do a final check that the date, names and figures match in both sites. If you get cocky and try and be whizzy and fast you will make mistakes.

Keep at it and you can earn a good wedge!

user1471453629 Mon 26-Sep-16 12:21:17

Ok and always check the terms and conditions yourself to make sure you have met the requirements for the free bet. Most advice websites are up to date but sometimes they are not.

lifeofsiam Mon 26-Sep-16 13:41:12

Thanks. I did it right and now have £20 to use on anything except football. It has to be done within 4 days.

SarahJayneC Tue 27-Sep-16 19:16:53

Bet matching is great i use this website

www.profitaccumulator.co.uk/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=3393

follow for a free trial which will make you £40 plus.

SarahJayneC Tue 27-Sep-16 19:16:54

SarahJayneC Tue 27-Sep-16 19:16:55

SarahJayneC Tue 27-Sep-16 19:17:10

SarahJayneC Tue 27-Sep-16 19:17:12

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now