Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Probate/finding accounts

(4 Posts)
icelollycraving Sat 24-Sep-16 13:22:32

My dad died earlier this year. He left no will. There is a complicated back story but basically we have started to inform relevant people about him passing away.
I knew he banked with one specifically but I have a feeling he had accounts with others. How do I go about finding out or is this something can do for me? I haven't ever been in this situation before.
I would appreciate any help.

cozietoesie Sun 25-Sep-16 20:19:57

Do you have any clues at all? Any old piles of documents or chequebooks for example?

cozietoesie Sun 25-Sep-16 20:36:04

PS - and are you sure that it was actual 'other banks'? Some older people have a habit of squirrelling away hard cash in strange places. Do you have access to his house for example?

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Mon 03-Oct-16 00:23:51

I have just googled 'finding lost bank accounts' and several things came up. One was mylostaccount.org.uk but there are others you could also try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now