Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Thompsons

(12 Posts)
ilovesprouts Fri 16-Sep-16 12:27:50

Me and my other have went on holiday to Alcudia in August and the holiday was terrible,so we complained to them and they send us a £160 holiday voucher, we told them we are never booking with them again. so the voucher is no good for us what can we do about it can they pay us cash instead .

mouldycheesefan Fri 16-Sep-16 12:30:41

Obviously they can if they want to! They have chosen not to though.
Whether you csn negotiate a partial cash round in your holiday would depend on what was wrong with it and why it was terrible. 💐 it's awful when a ho,I day disappoints.
I think it's Thomson you mean?

ilovesprouts Fri 16-Sep-16 12:37:32

Yes it was terrible ,our room door would not lock we have a child with special needs. (he's got no awareness of danger etc) wires hanging out of lamps fuse box had big hole in and my ds2 could of put he's fingers in,we had to wash our own bed sheets as they never got changed. Food was disgusting so we are out most of the times paid 2.4k for all inclusive what a dive it was we are taking it further so the voucher is not and good for us as never giving Thompsons a penny againangry

ilovesprouts Fri 16-Sep-16 12:57:39

*thompson

LIZS Fri 16-Sep-16 13:02:54

I don't think you can insist on cash but you may get somewhere by going public on their fb page or via one of the weekend travel columns. Make sure you have documented all your issues and have copies of correspondence. I assume you tried to resolve in resort first rather than on return.

ilovesprouts Fri 16-Sep-16 13:15:18

funny thing is we had a ref number of all the complaints and they trying to say we have not but we did we never saw the reps around during the day and we never got any feed back forms too so the voucher is no good we are never going with Thompson again angry

LIZS Fri 16-Sep-16 13:32:47

Their parent company Tui own several major brands so it could be tricky to avoid them completely but understand where you are coming from.

Cabrinha Fri 16-Sep-16 18:57:06

Be very specific about your complaints, and realistic about what is unreasonable.
Being unable to lock your door? Unacceptable (though if I were them I would want to know if you reported it)
But not washing your bed sheets - that's normal, isn't it? How long were you there for? I expect room service to make the bed, but for a 2 week stay not change the sheets.

ilovesprouts Fri 16-Sep-16 19:29:51

We was there for a week that was too long I wanted to come home this first day first holiday and was sobbing my eyes out we have asked Thompson for the top boss email/Fone number they won't give it us angry

mouldycheesefan Mon 19-Sep-16 06:49:18

Even if you couldn't find the rep, did you complain to hotel reception about the room issues?
Did you ask them to fix it and wash your sheets?

LIZS Mon 19-Sep-16 08:21:33

If you were only booked there for a week then it is normal that the sheets wouldn't be routinely changed unless you asked Usually you'd strip them and leave them for housekeeping in the bath or speak to them when they make up the room. Obviously this wasn't the main reason for your complaint though, as it wouldn't have been apparent on the first day. Tbh I'd focus on the safety concerns and what was not available as depicted when you booked.

Cabrinha Mon 19-Sep-16 21:51:47

OK, so a week on the sheets.
Do you even change your own sheets at home more than once a week?!
I stay in some quite expensive hotels because of work - none change the sheets.

So focus on the safety aspects. Who did you speak to whilst you were out there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now