Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits when one partner doesnt work?

(4 Posts)
FlutteringKite Thu 15-Sep-16 08:07:14

Can anyone help with this please?

My DH works 27hours a week. We have an almost 4yo DS. I'm currently a SAHM.
We claim Tax credits, working and child. We also get about £10 a week HB.

My question is, if I stay a SAHM even when DS goes to school but I don't claim JSA will that affect our Tax Credits and stuff?
I want to find work when DS goes to school but I don't want to have to sign on every week and deal with the nightmare of the job centre box ticking nonsense. So if I can avoid claiming JSA and find work in my own time it'd be better iyswim?

Tia smile

BaronessEllaSaturday Thu 15-Sep-16 08:11:41

You wouldn't be entitled to JSA due to your husbands income. Tax credits will not be affected at all until you find a job.

FlutteringKite Thu 15-Sep-16 09:10:22

Thanks Baroness smile
I know its a while away but I want to get stuff straight before she goes to school.

MrGrumpy01 Sun 18-Sep-16 22:52:34

We have one earner and one sahp and get ctc (earn too much for wtc) All children are at school. We do not claim JSA (and didn't for the period we were eligible).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now