Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

NHS employee, maternity leave, confused!!

(3 Posts)
Lje1983 Fri 09-Sep-16 16:57:44

Hi, I am forward planning & making sure I can afford another baby comfortably!!
My husband & I would like to try for another baby but we want to make sure it's financially viable before we try.
I currently work within an NHS trust and have done for the past 5 years, I would also return to work after maternity leave ends.
I'm confused by what what I would end up getting £ wise.
I work 22.5 per week which works out roughly £175. Can anyone help me work out what I would get when?! I think I am right in thinking that I qualify for SMP & NHS OMP.
Thanks in advance smile

MichelleJoanne123 Fri 16-Sep-16 19:57:40

Hi.....I to work for the nhs and am on mat leave. You would qualify for smp and omp as you've had 26 + wks of continual service. There is a maternity guidance handbook on the intra site but effectively if returning to work you'd get full pay for 8 wks, half pay and smp for 18 wks (pretty much takes you to full oay), 13 wks smp then if you decided to take full 52 wks the lsat 13wks are unpaid. If you do aby overtime or have any pau enhancements between pregnancy wks 18-25 this extra is incorporated into your omp.
Hope this helps the maternity book is v helpful ! smile

MichelleJoanne123 Fri 16-Sep-16 19:59:40

P's smp is 132 I think a wk. They work all the maternity pay out on a daily basis I think?? Not actually sure I've answered your question ....sorry! !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now