Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Concentrix have been sacked

(14 Posts)
Unlockable Fri 09-Sep-16 12:41:43

I put this is chat, but no replies

I have just been told by HMRC when I was making a complaint about the way that Concentrix handled my case. That they are gone from next year

I don't know the date, but they will not be investigating next years renewals.

After the way they have made millions of single parents lives so stressful and made accusations and invaded every part of our lives, they are going.

I hope they delete the contents of their servers and hard drives first, as they must have the bank statements of thousands of people in ther system.

Hhmyeahsuremaybe Sun 11-Sep-16 09:57:08

Great news!

justjuanmorebeer Sun 11-Sep-16 11:41:07

I really hope this is true

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 11-Sep-16 11:42:04

What will happen to payment arrangements made through them tho?

FemaleDilbert Sun 11-Sep-16 11:42:30

Woohoo!

Unlockable Sun 11-Sep-16 14:34:06

My MP is checking this out. Also have a request in for transcript of conversation
I'll let you know what they say :-)

hotdiggedy Sun 11-Sep-16 16:42:54

Hello

I want to say thats great news after all the stress they caused so many people but what will they be replaced with??

I have a question that kind of relates and I wonder if anyone has any idea. I have a recently turned 16 year old. I have received the form in the post where you check your right to vote, who is registered in the house to vote and so on. So far its just me on the voting register but as he is now 16 I have to include him on the list. Will adding him throw up some problems for Tax credits, housing benefit as in they will see another person registered at the address and assume I have moved someone in and included them on the voting register but I still have myself down as single parent? My 16 year old has a diferent surname to me. Now of course, you would hope that they will see his name and see that it is the same name as on the claim I have for tax credits but you never know ith these people! I worry that it will mean me having to send reams of paper to prove he is my son.

Am I over thinking things??

TaIkinPeace Sun 11-Sep-16 21:36:48

I'll believe it when I see it on a .gov website

I believe they said it to you
but I know that they lie in phone calls

Unlockable Wed 14-Sep-16 09:30:26

Looks like this is true. Good news.

CousinCharlotte Wed 14-Sep-16 10:21:10

Thank fuck wine. They've caused so much distress and financial hardship to many lone parents, who happen to be mainly female angry
Can't help worrying 'what/who' will
replace them.

mamamiaa Wed 14-Sep-16 10:24:16

Has this happened? Anyone know what will happen with open cases

InTheseFlipFlops Wed 14-Sep-16 10:29:07

Yes its happened. If you can catch up with victoria derbyshire BBC2 show yesterday and today they've done a lot on it.

AndNowItsSeven Wed 14-Sep-16 10:59:30

It will happen fromMay 2017 full details on Martin Lewis link
www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/protect/2016/09/hmrc-wont-extend-contract-for-tax-credit-checking-firm-concentrix

Unlockable Wed 14-Sep-16 11:34:47

Anyone with open cases can ( I believe) call HMRC tax credits .. Although I don't know what date from and get help as they are redeploying 150 staff to help

The person I spoke to.. Said that he thinks another private company will take over their role though. Which is good for catching the thieving cheats but hopefully they will not use the same tactics as Concentrix to harass those that have done nothing wrong.

I would also like to see a stop to the guilty until you can prove you are innocent bollocks

I am also concerned about the VAST amount of data Concentrix have collected and what happens to that data.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now