Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can I get Maternity Allowance after quitting my job?

(6 Posts)
oddsockfairy Wed 07-Sep-16 15:03:43

Expecting 2nd DC in December, and due to a big move this summer I ended up quitting my part time job in May (having been employed there since prev. August). Previous to that I had a full time career elsewhere for which I got maternity pay and statutory at pay but due to inflexibility with working hours I had to quit at the end of my year off sad

So my question is, having been employed PT for 9 months, and technically employed for 8 years before that, am I entitled to any form of maternity pay from the government??

RedHelenB Wed 07-Sep-16 16:22:30

You need to look at the qualifying weeks. _ I think you need 26 out of 66. From what you have stated I think you'll be ok.

oddsockfairy Wed 07-Sep-16 17:20:04

Ok thanks RedHelen! I don't suppose you have any idea who I apply to? The .gov website keeps sending me in circles...

datingbarb Wed 07-Sep-16 17:25:01

You can download the form online, it's something like you had to off worked for a certain amount of weeks (13 I think) in the qualifying period,

datingbarb Wed 07-Sep-16 17:26:00

Oh and younger to send in wage slips etc and they say if your wage changes choose the ones where you earned the most

RedHelenB Wed 07-Sep-16 17:30:01

Your midwife has to stamp or sign something for you if I remember rightly.
www.gov.uk/maternity-allowance/how-to-claim - you just print off the form

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now