Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can't get through to concentrix for love nor money!

(31 Posts)
feelinsupersonic Wed 31-Aug-16 11:29:35

Hi all
Frustrated to the max!
Can't get through to Concentrix! They've stopped my childcare money but I don't know why & HMRC say I have to speak to them directly.
Either constant engaged tone or on hold for up to an hour. Even when I ring at 8am... Any advice/additional phone no gratefully accepted!

vezla Fri 02-Sep-16 10:32:10

I am in exactly the same boat. I have been trying for weeks and weeks. I have been on hold for a maximum of 120minutes where id left my phone on monitor while i was in work!! After 9am there is not a chance the call will evcen connect. I am so frustrated and worried sick as my daughter starts back in childcare Monday and i have had no luck in reinstating my claim!!

feelinsupersonic Fri 02-Sep-16 13:29:35

Vezla
I have now sent a letter saying that I've been on hold for over 5 hours & am unwilling to try again so they need to contact me. No idea if they will but what else can I do? Total joke!

idrinkandiknowthings Sun 04-Sep-16 23:38:59

I have also had my childcare element of tax credits deducted. They maintain they sent me a letter in May asking me to provide details of my childcare provider which I didn't respond to. Given that I rely totally on these payments as my daughter has to go to after-school link club three days a week whilst I work there is no way I wouldn't have responded to such a letter. I didn't receive it!

I rang Concentrix on Friday evening (the day I received notification of the award). After an hour on hold I was cut off. I rang again on Saturday morning and eventually got through. The advisor was extremely helpful. I can only suggest persevering.

idrinkandiknowthings Sun 04-Sep-16 23:42:26

Sorry, I should add about the adviser being helpful - she said she would re-send the letter with a slip that I should send back asking for "mandatory reconsideration" of the childcare award. In the meantime I should seek written confirmation from my childcare provider of the childcare provided and the fees. I'd suggest you do this whilst trying to get through to Concentrix to save time x

Muddlingalongalone Sun 04-Sep-16 23:48:56

I spent 2hrs redialling 1 day last week & 1hr the following day til I finally got to sit in a queue for 30 mins to actually spend 5 mins talking to them and be told I should get a call back in 3 days because I've given them the reference of my recorded delivery documents so they can send it to their postal service.. They are a complete joke. The letter was dated 5th August with 30 days to respond & didn't arrive til after I went on holiday on the 20th and i sent my docs on 19th may ffs.
Once I am sorted I will be sending a complaint to Hm inspector of taxes & Boris Johnson as my MP & am considering a freedom of information act request to find out how much they were paid last year for their "service"
I would persevere since their postal service seems shit & they will probably claim not to have received your letter.

notmrscookie Mon 05-Sep-16 04:13:06

Rang Saturday morning at 8.30. No holding at all so try then .

SamanthaSirrett Mon 12-Sep-16 22:57:09

Everyone please join the Twitter campaign to make this terrible, incompetent company accountable for their business practices. We have got MPs on board as well as people like Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis fighting our corner. There is also information on petitions. #Concentrixputtingfamiliesintopoverty.

Everyone please join the Twitter campaign to make this terrible, incompetent company accountable for their business practices. We have got MPs on board as well as people like Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis fighting our corner. There is also information on petitions. #Concentrixputtingfamiliesintopoverty.

SamanthaSirrett Mon 12-Sep-16 22:57:10

SamanthaSirrett Mon 12-Sep-16 22:57:10

SamanthaSirrett Mon 12-Sep-16 22:57:11

SamanthaSirrett Mon 12-Sep-16 22:57:12

SamanthaSirrett Mon 12-Sep-16 22:57:13

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now