Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Withdrawing a car insurance claim

(4 Posts)
TattooEnvy Thu 21-Jul-16 17:54:42

Is this possible?

I put in a claim at the beginning of the month due to me being an idiot and reversing into a concrete post. It's a pretty hefty dent but they've told me they can repair it, my excess is £400.

My car also needs other stuff doing to it following its mot so the costs are adding up and the car itself isn't worth a great deal so I'm seriously doubting if it's all worth it.

The car has been in for repair at least twice a year since I've had it too, so I'm considering cutting my losses and looking into getting a new (to me) car.

So, after the waffle, my question is can I withdraw the claim? I've not had any experience with claiming on insurance before so I'm clueless, and find all the documents really confusing. The repairs aren't booked to happen until end of Aug.

Thanks

neonrainbow Thu 21-Jul-16 17:56:37

Yes you can. Just call them up as long as they haven't spent any money it shouldn't go down as a claim and therefore shouldn't affect your insurance.

TattooEnvy Thu 21-Jul-16 23:01:48

Thank you for your reply! I'm rubbish on the phone so I needed to make sure what I was asking was doable before I ring up grin

pinkmagic1 Thu 21-Jul-16 23:08:10

I have done it and settled directly with the 3rd party no problem and my premium didn't go up the following year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now