Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

New mortgage deal

(10 Posts)
Daffodil90 Thu 21-Jul-16 14:34:13

We're coming up on the end of our current mortgage deal and there's a new one with our provider that sets to save us £150 a month so very chuffed!
When you apply for a new deal though, do they do a new credit check? I'm still on maternity leave so obviously income is less than it is when I'm in work.
Don't want to miss out on the new deal!

BumWad Fri 22-Jul-16 01:55:56

Hi we were in the same position as you a couple of months ago, Nationwide put us on a new deal without doing a credit check. I am now back off maternity leave and part time smile

Daffodil90 Fri 22-Jul-16 08:33:01

Ahh thats good to know! im quite happy to stay with halifax, the deals are good for our LTV, but if there's no credit check then I should be safe to move onto it sooner rather than later.
Thank you!

Littleelffriend Fri 22-Jul-16 08:34:46

A new lender will definitely do a credit check. I just changed deal with nationwide and they did one.

Daffodil90 Fri 22-Jul-16 08:38:17

Was nationwide a new lender to you or the same one?

Littleelffriend Fri 22-Jul-16 10:34:11

The same one

austenozzy Fri 22-Jul-16 10:46:48

We've just done a product transfer with Halifax. Because our ltv dropped below 60% in the intervening two years, we get better deals available to us so we've saved some cash too. No credit checks, just a few clicks on the IFA's portal and it's done the same day.

Our ifa is a friend and told us how it works with Halifax- literally a 10 minute job and he gets a tidy commission which he said he will split with us!

headffirst Fri 22-Jul-16 11:54:18

Not sure how different the different mortgage companies are, but Halifax does seem pretty good. A friend of mine just recommended them to me on Teepee, my fav new recommendations app. She had a great experience with them. All things being equal, may be worth giving them a try.

Daffodil90 Fri 22-Jul-16 14:07:08

Brilliant, thanks for all your responses!

Will call them as soon as we hit the date, luckily can transfer 3 months before and data which in itself already saves £450 over that 3 months!

Daffodil90 Fri 22-Jul-16 14:08:20

That should be end date, not and data!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now