Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI

(6 Posts)
elvislives2012 Tue 05-Jul-16 13:45:46

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked a million times! I have absolutely no idea if I ever got sold PPI. I've got two loans that are quite recent so I know they don't have it, but I've never had a loan before.
I've had a credit card for years and years in one shape or form often switching when the interest free bit ends but I don't have numbers of accounts.
I've seen someone advertising that they can find out even if I don't know the numbers. Is it worth it? Or do I just leave it?

Thankfulforeveryday Tue 05-Jul-16 16:24:31

My DH did and got 6k!! Worth a try!

Thankfulforeveryday Tue 05-Jul-16 16:25:15

We used fair trade practice, they take a chunk but we wouldn't have bothered to do it ourselves!

elvislives2012 Tue 05-Jul-16 16:37:12

So u don't need to know specifics?

Marylou2 Wed 06-Jul-16 11:09:50

Hi OP, definitely don't just leave it. I used Gladstone Brookes as I had no idea where to start and virtually no details. Yes they take their cut but they guided me through the process,did the paper work, chased the banks and sent me a cheque for £15k. Also they were fair,professional and helpful. Making the initial call was the toughest bit as I'm now a responsible 40 something and I thought I might be judged for having once been a bit of a spendthrift 20 something 😊. There was none of that though.

elvislives2012 Thu 07-Jul-16 22:30:26

Hmm. Ok I'll give it a go. I have absolutely no idea though!! I've filled out a ppi enquirer form for nationwide so will do some more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now