Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I'm a disorganised fuckwit, now Erudio has sent me a default notice

(2 Posts)
midcenturymodern Sun 26-Jun-16 17:21:17

I accept this is probably entirely my own fault

I have 3 student loans, the first taken out in 1996, the total debt currently just short of £5k.

I have always deferred, either because I wasn't earning enough and when I was a SAHP DH would send confirmation that he was 'supporting' me (iirc)

I have a letter saying that a 'notice of default was sent' on 23/05/16. I'm not saying it wasn't but I can't find it. As I haven't taken the necessary actions then they want all the money within 7 days (letter dated 22/06 - I opened it today, not sure when it was delivered). Now I think about it I haven't deferred for ages but I can't remember getting a deferral from them or when I last deferred. I'm very disorganised and very dyslexic so I can't say they haven't sent me anything.

Is there anything I can do bar pay up? (very tricky but not impossible with overdraft etc.)

RedHelenB Sun 26-Jun-16 17:35:57

you need to ask them for a deferment form but I think you may have to pay the monthly loan repayments until that goes through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now