Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credits

(8 Posts)
iloveredwine Thu 26-May-16 19:59:54

Hi I know there has been loads on about this but have just had a letter from concentrix saying they have "information " that I live with another adult. My husband and I split up 2 years ago when he had an affair and is currently living with her. We have still got a joint account and mortgage as I am not working so have agreed till the children are 18 he will still pay. We don't live together. Is it to do with the joint account?

numberseventeen Thu 26-May-16 20:09:15

More than likely yes.

Send everything you can to prove you're single- dates of seperation, council tax bill, bank statements, any solicitor involvement and a forwarding address for him.

If there is a telephone number on the letter they will discuss what evidence you can send

iloveredwine Thu 26-May-16 20:26:17

I am still on ok terms with ex so going to ask him to give me formal letter with address as not lived together for over 2 years.

iloveredwine Thu 26-May-16 20:27:26

I've got court letters asking for divorce and decree nici etc. also council tax etc in my name

iloveredwine Thu 26-May-16 20:27:58

Will call them tomorrow thanks. Bit worried about it

Hinckley94 Thu 26-May-16 21:59:06

Hi I had the same letter last year as my ex part owns the property and thinks he can use it for occasional post , nothing I can do to stop this so it comes up under the checks that they do, last year I took it to a tribunal and the judge seen sense and over ruled Hmrc as they had to prove I was living with my ex not me proving I wasn't and simply because you have/ had financial associations does not mean you are living together, hence I get another letter again, it's just random checks that pick up any associations, just send what they ask for and hopefully someone with a brain will look into it properly.

Hinckley94 Thu 26-May-16 22:00:09

Oh and I got my letter today as well have done them in a batch

iloveredwine Fri 27-May-16 16:50:46

Thanks I will do that. I am going to get my ex to give me proof of his current address and hope that helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now