Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Renewing Child tax credits

(4 Posts)
babysunshine20 Thu 12-May-16 18:00:23

Has anyone else had their tax credits renewal packs through the post. I'm still waiting for mine. This will be my 2nd year claiming. Is anyone good working out what my award could be for this year? Thanks

TheSultanofPingu Thu 12-May-16 21:34:45

Haven't had ours yet. I think it was around the end of May last year.
You can find out how much you should be entitled to by using the tax credit calculator .

babysunshine20 Fri 13-May-16 21:05:08

Thanks. I tried the online calculator and its telling me a different paymemt per week then what i'm getting now, a lot more then what i should be getting. Well i worked it out last year out salary together for the year was £17606.00 and for April 2016/2017 it will now be £23468.00 for both of us. Last year was less as some months I was on maternity leave. Roughly will my credits go up or down? I'm still new to all this.
Thanks.

crazymammy Fri 13-May-16 21:31:04

If you've earned more then your credits will go down. I'm waiting for the renewal pack to come through. Sometimes it doesn't come til April. Although they've just sent me extra money as apparently they underpaid me last year... WIN! Haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now