Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Sky?

(4 Posts)
unimagimative13 Mon 18-Apr-16 12:47:36

Not sure where this goes!

If you were moving house can you set up a new sky in a different name to get a new customer deal?

For example current sky in DH name, when we move can I put in my name as new customer?

Cakescakescakes Mon 18-Apr-16 12:50:14

Yup. Have done this before. Easy peasy. Although if you tell them you're cancelling because you're moving house they might offer you a really good deal to stay with them. DH phoned up to cancel ours and they offered him 30% off straight away. He said still too expensive and went ahead with the cancellation. We had no sky for 2 weeks then they rang back offering him 50% off the full package (movies and sport which we had before he cancelled) for a year. Bargain.

unimagimative13 Mon 18-Apr-16 12:52:30

I'd probably get DH to ring up and suss it out. We just have half price movies but I saw a new customer bundle with everything for £30

OreosOreosOreos Mon 18-Apr-16 13:02:02

I'd second that - I rang up to cancel as the new customer deal was much better, they offered me a deal but not as good as the new customer one, so said I'd still cancel.

Two week later (so still had the sky as you have to give 30 days notice) they called up and matched the new customer deal, also gave me the moving package for free (as a new customer I think there was an installation charge), and a £75 account credit for all the bother!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now