Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

EHIC Card Renewal

(7 Posts)
nicola41 Thu 31-Mar-16 14:47:57

If you have a European Health Insurance Card and it is coming up for renewal (or you are applying for the first time), please make sure you apply on the official NHS website (www.nhs.uk/ehic). There are several websites which charge you for this service, but it is completely free on the NHS website. Don't get caught out by these websites who charge you and please tell your friends. You can read more about this on the following links:

contactcentreservices.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/selfnhsukokb/AskUs_EHIC/template.do?name=Why+was+I+charged+for+a+European+Health+Insurance+Card+%28EHIC%29%3F&id=16484

AnthonyPandy Thu 31-Mar-16 15:01:52

Absolutely. And can I also add that changing your name is free too?

RedHelenB Sat 02-Apr-16 09:07:03

I just rang up to renew ours and they came in a few days, a very efficient and helpful service and all free

BabyWitch Wed 18-May-16 16:27:39

Thank you nicola41 I was going around in circles, sure there was a more official/ less ££ method. I knew MN would have the answer.

TaIkinPeace Wed 18-May-16 21:54:02

but remember that if the Referendum goes the wrong way you may as well cut it up and start budgeting for full on travel insurance

specialsubject Thu 19-May-16 14:30:30

You need full on travel insurance anyway.

TaIkinPeace Thu 19-May-16 21:48:41

sensible people do
but Spanish and Greek hospitals get loads of Brits relying on their EHICs every summer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now