Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax Credits Next Payment due.....or not.

(5 Posts)
Arw86 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:26:09

Hi all newbie here hope I'm posting in the right section.
I get my tax credits weekly on a Thursday. Last week I received it on Wednesday (16th March instead of 17th) thinking it was one of those extra payments I was grumbled to find out on the Thursday it wasn't it was just early hey ho thought nothing more about it, especially since I've found out its happened to a lot of others.
So today I was talking to my mum about it because I thought maybe it be early this week what with easter coming up and being early last week but it's not. My mum mentioned could it be end of year payment last week to which I fobbed off don't be silly.
Well now I'm in a right panic! I rely on that weekly payment for weeks food gas electric etc.
I used the new government gateway site to check when my next payment is due by. Last week payment was received on 16th website said £xx.xx paid by 17th - correct and received. Today it says £xx.xx. paid by 31st!! confused angry
Does that mean there's no payment for the 24th tomorrow? Doesn't help my bank doesn't display payments until around 4am rather than midnight like most others.
I'm am losing it major panic/stress stations!

Obliviated Wed 23-Mar-16 21:29:27

Mine went in on Wednesday instead of Thursday last week too. People seemed to think it was because of St Patrick's Day but that's only a bank holiday in N.Ireland I think, so no idea if that's right.

I hadn't given it a second thought tbh and am assuming the payment will go in as normal tomorrow.

Arw86 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:33:02

This is the new website you can sign in to check your next payment due date. It just asked for your national insurance number and name then security questions to set up the account. You get a government gateway user id and they text a pin to you.

www.gov.uk/when-is-your-next-tax-credits-payment

AndNowItsSeven Wed 23-Mar-16 22:42:07

You will receive TC on the 24th , it was early last week as a bank holiday anywhere in the UK triggers an early payment.

Arw86 Thu 24-Mar-16 06:26:19

Panic over it went in!
Hmrc keeping me on my toes like that stresses me out lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now