Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

child tax credits

(4 Posts)
Charlieivor2015 Tue 22-Mar-16 13:41:30

as anyone recently applied for tax credits? if so how long did it take from when you sent forms off to when you actually heard something or got a payment?

thanks to anyone that can give me an answer xx

Emmaheathrow Wed 23-Mar-16 07:13:01

Mine took about two weeks for payment but they back date it to either when the child was born or if the child is not a baby then they will back date it from when you made a claim x

Charlieivor2015 Wed 23-Mar-16 14:35:29

Thank you i posted forms 2 weeks today so hopefully then not too long but forgot its bank holday weekend aswell xx

RhubarbCrumbled Fri 01-Apr-16 14:39:21

It took about 3 weeks for money to appear in my account but 6 weeks to actually get a letter to say it was happening! Check your account as it could suddenly appear. I also got 3 separate payments in quick succession which was confusing but was explained when I finally got some paperwork.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now