Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Refund on beginner ice skating course

(2 Posts)
bemybebe Sat 19-Mar-16 13:02:57

Not sure if I am posting in the right place, happy to go to a more appropriate board. I am looking to enrol into a 12 week ice skating course, but not sure if at my age I will find it too challenging. The place doesn't offer any taster sessions and due to scheduling and commitments I really cannot go to an alternative place. Is non-refund to complete beginner legally acceptable? I must add, they have plenty of spaces (it is not an issue of waiting lists and lost clients) and they don't have a start day for a course, do I cannot see why such a strict policy would be in place and want to potentially challenge it.

Rockchick1984 Sat 19-Mar-16 23:50:28

It is legally acceptable. If it is clear in their terms then the best suggestion would be to speak to them and ask if they would consider allowing you to pay for a smaller block initially.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now