Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can't Stop Won't Stop - MLM Botwatch (11) Now Featuring MLMers who don't answer questions, jokes, posts by eyes, questions about Forever Living, Ariix, Itworks, Younique etc as scambralamas978

(985 Posts)
Melaw21 Tue 01-Mar-16 14:56:15

continued discussion of mlms!

cozietoesie Tue 01-Mar-16 14:57:24

smile

Melaw21 Tue 01-Mar-16 14:59:13

How can I link to the other thread? 😬😬😬

cozietoesie Tue 01-Mar-16 14:59:23

...emit the frequency...

Gosh.

Melaw21 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:01:51

last do come along and share all the TV relevant links 😊

lazycoo Tue 01-Mar-16 15:04:17

<passes round the vodka shots>

sminkypink Tue 01-Mar-16 15:05:29

I can do that!
facebook.com/timelessvie

facebook.com/liestopper

timelessvie.wordpress.com

twitter @Timeless Vie

botwatchblog.wordpress.com/

For newbies: Downline = people at the bottom of the pyramid scheme/"MLM" opportunity

Feel free to re-ask all your good, fact-based questions to our new MLM visitors! Just keep your expectations low.

Be prepared for being called a drug dealer! Be prepared to listen to the same ol same ole scripted MLM 'answers' againandagainandagain

Melaw21 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:08:16

Thanks sminky 👋👋, Chimps, you were away from us over the weekend (Mn threads), have you been busy with the mlm you are In? (Genuine question)

cynicbuthappy Tue 01-Mar-16 15:11:31

Still here, lurking away.
Fascinated by the plethora of bots following the same scripts and proving eyes right at every step. I'm also getting more and more angry at the blatant lies.

Also, why does every bot seem to have difficulty with punctuation?

Twunk Tue 01-Mar-16 15:12:42

Well I've just had an entertaining hour few minutes catching up on this.

Chimps, many of us care about many issues - I do also happen to care very much that women (and it's nearly always women) are exploited by these large unethical corporations who take all the profit but take absolutely NONE of the risk.

There's nothing wrong with risky investments if you know how risky it is. But people aren't made aware just how likely they are to lose money; how unlikely they are to rent live in a lovely home and just how much miserable work is involved that has a very good chance of alienating you from your real friends. And this is often targeted at vulnerable new mums!

And I've not even started on the medical claims, the overpriced products, the general yuckiness of the companies involved.

Melaw21 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:14:59

Very very well put questions twunk

Melaw21 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:15:28

Sorry... Meant points not questions...

workingwithchimps Tue 01-Mar-16 15:17:01

Melaw21 - simply family time

Melaw21 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:19:44

Very lucky chimps most mlm bots 'seem' destined to spend weekends either attending training days, hosting (team) parties, or laying on team-building events at holiday locations, you must be one of the few able to actually kick back with your family? Have you built up considerable residuals to allow you to do this?

Eyespying Tue 01-Mar-16 15:22:56

cynicbuthappy Thanks for you common-sense observations. Once you know the 'MLM' narrative, it's child's play to predict not only what its unquestioning followers will say, but also what they are not allowed to think, let alone say.

It's also an interesting observation you make about punctuation. It's particularly obvious when Bots have posted longer comments. Accurate punctuation is usually a sign that a writer is thinking deeply, and is very concerned to convey his/her thoughts without risk of them being misundertood.

throwingpebbles Tue 01-Mar-16 15:23:51

Marking place and waiting chimps'to come and play ...

Melaw21 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:25:01

cynic Hi! 👋👋👋, good to see you are still here! 😊

workingwithchimps Tue 01-Mar-16 15:28:53

Melaw21 - A lot of MLM have the opportunity to chill when they want to - each weekend is theirs to choose how they wish to spend it. Nobody in my experience is forced to attend anything they don't want to. After all if this was the case many venues would be unable to accommodate the thousands of registered MLM people for each company.

cynicbuthappy Tue 01-Mar-16 15:28:54

Melaw21 Never went away! Just been a bit busy with my J.O.B.

Twunk Tue 01-Mar-16 15:30:03

I would also not want a job which relies on me using my 'network' to make money. I make clothes for children - they're beautiful wink and in demand. I enjoy making them (I also have a part-time job which makes real money I can live on). Whilst I do sell to friends and family they approach me because they know what I can do. I don't need to lie or make spurious claims or tell them it will make their children 50% more beautiful (though clearly they do).

After all, who would buy and drink foul-tasting gloop unless they thought it would do something? Don't tell me you don't - because every bot has a story on how it's helped them. And if there's no 'benefit' how else would you shift the stuff?

And if people want to drink foul-tasting gloop they can buy it elsewhere, far cheaper. Another exploitation.

Citaborca Tue 01-Mar-16 15:30:16

I would just like to say Hi, I'm a "bot", I think. Just been very entertained reading some of this and previous threads. Hope I can come and play in some of these discussions.

acatcalledjohn Tue 01-Mar-16 15:32:21

Checking in! Thanks for the new shiny Fred!

workingwithchimps Tue 01-Mar-16 15:35:27

throwingpebbles - what are we playing?

Melaw21 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:36:23

Welcome cita we are more than happy for you to partake! 😊 No 'playing' required, just a frank and honest discussion 😉

Twunk Tue 01-Mar-16 15:37:02

Hello Cita and welcome to our new Fred. What variety of Bot are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now