Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Does anyone know what "Tescopay" is on a bank statement...

(8 Posts)
Needmorechocolate Wed 24-Feb-16 20:44:48

I'm going through some of my grandmothers bank statements (she has had money go missing and payments she didn't authorise etc so I'm checking through them for her). She has online tesco deliveries that show up as "Tesco Store" but there is another payment for "Tesco Tescopay" on a recent statement, any ideas? Thanks

NickNacks Wed 24-Feb-16 20:47:06

Pay as you go mobile? Just a guess , I don't know.

catonlap Wed 24-Feb-16 20:51:32

Petrol? Comes up as "Tesco pay at pump" on mine though.

dementedpixie Wed 24-Feb-16 20:53:07

Does she drive? Maybe payatpump when getting fuel?

Needmorechocolate Wed 24-Feb-16 21:00:28

Yes I guess it could be either of those (not that she drives or has a mobile herself but a family member has been using her bank card to pay for things without asking!!!)

cozietoesie Wed 24-Feb-16 21:07:00

Who actually holds her bank card?

MrGrumpy01 Wed 24-Feb-16 21:17:17

Tesco pay is petrol when they have paid at pump (though mine says Tesco Pay at Pump in full)

I think it also comes up as Tesco PFS. The difference is one is a Tesco petrol station, the other an Esso with Tesco express.

Tesco mobile comes up as that.

Tableandchairs1234 Fri 26-Feb-16 21:43:12

Well 'scopay' is a site for making payments to a school (well ours is). School dinners etc.

Could it be something like that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now