Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How much do you pay for clothes?

(4 Posts)
toastandbutterandjam Fri 12-Feb-16 14:56:52

Hello,
I have a large amount of clothes for a child that are all unworn. Most are without tags, but some do still have tags on. There are over £200 worth of clothes, pyjamas and then two Peppa pig toys which normally cost £60 (both together), so £260 worth of things altogether..

I have been trying to sell them and people are showing interest, but whenever I respond to their messages, they never end up getting back to me. I'm not sure where i'm going wrong - I advertised as three smaller bundles and as one large bundle (people can choose select items to make a different small bundle if they'd prefer). Someone wanted everything (clothes and toys) for £20. I have been trying to sellthe toys separate.

The money I get is not for myself, but for the family of the child I brought them for.
I am just wondering if:
You buy your childrens clothes off Gumtree/Ebay in bundles?
How much do you normally get in one bundle?
How much does it normally cost?

I suppose i'm just wondering if it's worth trying to sell or whether I should just charity shop it all? i'm obviously not expecting £260 back!

My clothes are all from high street stores, so no Ted Baker or anything like that. Just M&S, Next, Primark etc.

Thank yougrin

Millliii Fri 12-Feb-16 14:59:56

Have you had a look at what other people on ebay are selling similar things for? You could put it at a buy it now price that you are happy with and see what happens.

Rockchick1984 Fri 12-Feb-16 23:57:37

Next and M&S have reasonable resale value where I am (Northern town) - approx £3-5 per item. Primark, supermarkets, vests, tights etc would be sold roughly a binbag full for £5-10 as most people would only get them as play clothes for nursery as they are cheap to buy new.

Toys would probably sell for £5-10 for the 2 as a set. If they are still in boxes then probably double that as they can be gifted to someone.

May be worth seeing if there is an NCT nearly new sale or similar coming up near you.

toastandbutterandjam Sat 13-Feb-16 13:10:48

Thank you both for your help. Yeah, both toys are brand new in box. Not even opened.
Wow, i'll have a look and see what I can do. Hopefully I can get rid of the things really soon grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now