Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

confused about declaring increase or not...

(4 Posts)
GingerCuddleMonsterThe2nd Thu 21-Jan-16 19:43:17

Today I came home tfrom work to a conxentrix letter, wanting to know about childcare costs.

I thought no problem, I've got everything they need and have requested a statement of account from the nursery no drama.

Then I realised my childcare went up but I didnt declare it. And both me and the man at the tax office couldn't figure out if I should have confused

I pay mmonthly, the same amount. My child has 2 full days a week, every week for 52 weeks of the year. My childcare cost has gone up by £3 a week. Now I didn't think I needed to declare that, I had in my head £10 or more.

I kept reading the passage to myself in the WTC5 guide over and over and began to confuse myself, so I thought the contact centre will know, well he was as confused as me and said no it's gone up by over £10 a month and said I should have, but then said oh no it's weekly average. He was as confused as me sad

It's been a long day, can anyone else help?

Am I going to get in trouble for £3 a week I haven't asked for help with?! Knowing my luck.....yes blush

Freeandsinglewater Thu 21-Jan-16 20:28:34

I've also had a concentrix letter, I'm in the same boat.
I was told if the weekly cost went up over £10 a week. I've written it down on my letter.

Freeandsinglewater Thu 21-Jan-16 20:30:21

That should read the letter that I'm sending concentrix.

GingerCuddleMonsterThe2nd Thu 21-Jan-16 20:41:37

I've done the same

"please note £3 increase on average weekly cost, therefore under the £10 understood threshold and not declared"

Fuck knows, the boy on the phone kept reading it to. I mean regardless of how you work it out weekly it's not increased by £10 or more so I'm done with it. I'm stressed enough as it is without something else on my plate to worry about. I feel like crying sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now