Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Online shopping scam VALUEBASKET - Beware

(3 Posts)
Piglette Mon 18-Jan-16 17:36:36

If you are looking for a cheap laptop/phone/gizmo etc. DO NOT BE TEMPTED by Valuebasket. They are a Hong Kong based company who do not comply with European online consumer laws, they will take your money immediately and not send you your goods. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!
DD desperately needed a laptop for her schoolwork and had saved up £400 of her own money for a Macbook Air. A family member helped her out by ordering it for her from Valuebasket to save her £100. That was 22nd of November, it is now 18th January and we have no Macbook and no explanation. Until 12th December they were sending emails telling us it was on its way - then they stopped. The couriers can't tell us anything and Valuebasket who can't be contacted by phone, they just make excuses by email which don't make any sense. We have asked for a full refund but they continue to say 'it will take a fair amount of time'. Now DD doesn't have her Macbook for her GCSEs and she has lost all her savings!! Their website should be taken done and they should be prosecuted - they are criminals as they have taken our money and offer no explanation or offer of refund I believe our only hope now is to try and get a refund through VISA.

ItsMyFuckingWedding Mon 18-Jan-16 17:38:52

Get on social media. Perhaps you can make enough of a fuss for them to listen?

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Mon 18-Jan-16 17:46:04

I was looking to buy something from them a while ago.

I looked online at the reviews of the place and wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

You should always check companies reviews before you buy from them.

flowers for your dd, getting ripped off sucks (not sure of you have looked online at the reviews now, but from what I read people were struggling to get card refunds too because the company keep saying it's on the way)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now