Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Are there any bookkeepers/accountants available for technical advice?

(3 Posts)
Crazybaglady Sun 10-Jan-16 10:39:44

Good morning!

I know this can wait until tomorrow and I can call my professional body for technical advice but if this is something I can be helped with today that would be great.

Please bare with me, this is my first client and the first time i've come across this.

Financial year 1st Jan - 31st Dec
I started with them 12 Nov
Was given a TB & Aged debtors and Aged creditors report as at 11/11/15
I've only just been given bank statements for period 16/10/15 - 15/12/15
Going through bank statements to match up payments to invoices and i've noticed a few instances where invoices that were not on the aged debtors/creditors reports have been paid. for EG:

19th Nov a payment was made for an invoice that was not listed on the aged creditors and was in fact marked as 'paid' by them before 12th Nov

How do I handle this? There are a few instances of this for both debtors and creditors. My main concern is that the figures on the original trial balance are not right. From looking at the bank statement I can see the actual figures for the date I started are in fact £500 more than on the TB.

What do I do?! The trial balance and aged debtors and creditors was not prepared by a previous bookkeeper/accountant as I am their first accountant. It was prepared by a not so silent 'shareholder' of the business

If anyone can give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Crazybaglady Sun 10-Jan-16 10:40:39

Sorry- I am a bookkeeper not an account. Must clarify.

nameschangerer Sun 10-Jan-16 10:47:38

Can you correct the Trial Balance based on your findings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now