Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Does anyone know a good first current account for a teenager?

(3 Posts)
Kirk1 Thu 07-Jan-16 18:54:38

Dd will turn 16 this year and we think it is high time she had a current account of her own. I will of course be looking around myself, but if anyone has any reccomendation I would be grateful for your insight!

BackforGood Fri 08-Jan-16 00:06:57

When we looked for my dc (last year, and previously 3 yrs previously) Lloyds had the best for paying interest to 16 - 19 yr olds, wholst it still operates at a current account.
Will always depend on what features they are looking for though, and what their income is - Nationwide, for example have some quite good accounts if you can guarantee a regular amount going in

19lottie82 Fri 08-Jan-16 07:34:29

I don't think there's much difference between them TBH! What bank do you use? Are you happy with them? If so why not take your teen down there to open an account?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now