Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MLM bot watch - Discussion of the network marketing companies Forever Living, Herbal Life, Juice Plus etc as a pyramid scheme or scam

(983 Posts)
CheekySmile Wed 11-Nov-15 19:19:08

Continuing the discussion of the various network marketing schemes or multi-level marketing schemes (MLMs) that people we know are involved in.

If you have a bot of your own then join us and share what they are saying!

Or if you are researching a company before signing up to be a network marketer please take a look at the previous bot watch thread and also this thread which delves deeper into the workings of MLMs.

And don't forget our very own MN MLM Timeless Vie!
www.facebook.com/timelessvie
www.twitter.com/timelessvie

bunchedpanties Wed 11-Nov-15 19:30:57

Checking in, love the title. Let's hope we can save a few people from falling for this MLM crap.

Libitina Wed 11-Nov-15 19:52:40

Whoop, shiny new thread! Keep up the great work guys!

CatBlaster Wed 11-Nov-15 19:59:04

Place marking to feed my new morbid fascination.

SocksRock Wed 11-Nov-15 20:17:09

New thread!

My next door neighbour is a bot! Our kids go to preschool together, we were walking back this morning and I mentioned I was going to the gym as I wanted to lose weight. Straight in with the Juice Plus spiel. I must try and find out how much it costs per month as she was trying to convince me it was better value than the gym which is £83/month for DH and I and includes free crèche and swimming.

Run247 Wed 11-Nov-15 20:17:18

Typed this in another thread. You can find the company accounts of any limited company in the UK at the company check website.

A few interesting company accounts for forever living limited companies come up here!

companycheck.co.uk/search?term=forever+living

lazycoo Wed 11-Nov-15 20:19:12

Reporting for duty

fastdaytears Wed 11-Nov-15 20:19:17

How touching...

lastuseraccount123 Wed 11-Nov-15 20:38:49

aaand our website is LIVE bot-watchers!

timelessvie.wordpress.com/

lastuseraccount123 Wed 11-Nov-15 20:39:04

please share etc.

EldonAve Wed 11-Nov-15 20:45:22

There is a mum at school doing the Younique thing
lots of #LoveMyJob #opportunity #joinUs #askMeMore #beyourownboss #bossbabe rubbish

stqueen Wed 11-Nov-15 21:03:18

Don't forget #askmehow hmm

I'm surprised there isn't any ex-bots willing to spill the beans on the whole scam thing, would love to get behind the scenes to find out why they are so cultish.

lastuseraccount123 Wed 11-Nov-15 21:09:17

note the email address is timelessive @yahoo.com not timelessvie @ yahoo com cos I screwed up teh spelling

fastdaytears Wed 11-Nov-15 21:11:10

£69 for sisterhood does sound inviting.

I wonder what autos ship are/is. I'm relieved to hear I won't be getting any for my £69.

SocksRock Wed 11-Nov-15 21:52:51

Just been to see how much Juice Plus is. My £83/month gym fee sounds like a bloody bargain now!

Also, I reckon JP won't do much for my cardio, like a 7km treadmill run will...

Annie65 Wed 11-Nov-15 22:49:45

AJF, it was other bots commenting on my flbots announcement. They are not as clever as they think they are.

Annie65 Wed 11-Nov-15 22:50:58

BTW, love all these threads , cant get enough of them grin

cakeisntforsharing Wed 11-Nov-15 22:58:50

Evening all, does anyone mind if I pull up a chair pass round some wine and join? I've got a healthy selection of FL, JP and Younqiue bots myself. This evening my younique bot has drawn all over her face with a sharpie then covered it up with what she claims to be foundation but I've got a sneaky suspicion based on her photos it might be grout.

AJFsmummy Wed 11-Nov-15 23:00:37

Ahh these threads give my FL bitchfix xx

cakeisntforsharing Wed 11-Nov-15 23:06:20

Also here is a handy diagram of all the things aloe can fix.

LittleMissStubborn Wed 11-Nov-15 23:16:43

What's the red line pointing too? or don't I want to know

cakeisntforsharing Wed 11-Nov-15 23:18:51

Little I think that's where the aloe babies come from.

ambler21 Wed 11-Nov-15 23:34:14

lastuseraccount123. Excellent work. Will get sharing. I'm even pondering some guerilla advertising...........
cakeisntforsharing that diagram, ahh hahahaha smile

AJFsmummy Thu 12-Nov-15 00:44:17

That body diagram thing is hilarious.

rayofhope Thu 12-Nov-15 15:30:29

Stqueen, I've recently escaped mlm. Thankfully I was never one to post loads on fb, this is clearly why I didn't succeed........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now