Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Paid tax credits twice.

(6 Posts)
Goshthatsspicy Sat 08-Aug-15 13:33:16

We get our tax and working tax credits on a Wednesday. I was looking at our account on line, and noticed that they then paid us again on Thursday! Amount differing by about a pound. So, l'm wondering why? Would it be a mistake? If so, how will they claim it back? Thank you. smile

SolidGoldBrass Sat 08-Aug-15 13:35:15

Had your circumstances changed when you did your annual claim review? If you earned less or your childcare costs went up, then this is a top-up payment and you will get a letter confirming this in a day or two.

Goshthatsspicy Sat 08-Aug-15 13:38:13

No, they haven't changed. Thank you, l will watch have the post.
I can't imagine them making a mistake, however l can't see why we have it! grin

Goshthatsspicy Sat 08-Aug-15 13:39:47

It wasn't like a one off payment. I've had those. It was almost exactly the same as the day before, bar a couple of pounds!

Fairygodfucker Sat 08-Aug-15 13:44:38

I had this last week. I was on holiday so couldn't do much until I got home. Came home to a renewal notice which stated they would be paying a one off payment to tally the balance (or something like that). Keep an eye on your post smile

Goshthatsspicy Sat 08-Aug-15 13:49:10

Thank you Fairy.
I will watch the post l think. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now