Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Verified by VISA error - evenings only

(5 Posts)
acatcalledjohn Sun 02-Aug-15 23:48:54

In the last 7 days I have tried to make some online purchases with my First Direct VISA Debit Card. These issues have only happened late at night (after 10pm) .

One was with GAP (on several nights), the other tonight on Waitrose.com.

Your authentication could not be completed because of a system error. If this happens consistently, please contact your CSR.

What is this CSR stuff? And why does this only happen at night? I managed to make the GAP purchase at work after a few evening tries.

dodobookends Mon 03-Aug-15 14:59:00

Have you spoken to First Direct? That would be my first port of call.

mummy0bummy Mon 03-Aug-15 14:59:51

CSR = customer service representative.

acatcalledjohn Mon 03-Aug-15 23:26:13

I did speak to FD this afternoon, and they have no record of the transactions where I got the error, but the confirmed transaction the next day is on their system (the error message came up instead of the VBV pop up). FD are not aware of any issues with VBV, they've had no influx of calls...

I somehow doubt it stands for customer service rep in this context. Card Service R.....?

Ishtar2410 Sat 26-Sep-15 07:33:20

I got here via a google search.

I've been getting this message for about 2 months on my personal account and my joint account card. Have contacted my bank, who say there is no issue with either card and they can see that it has only been declined once when I put the wrong security code in. Fair enough.

But that doesn't explain the other times it hasn't gone through.

What I tend to do is to cancel out of the transaction then resubmit card details and then it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now