Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Right to buy mortgage broker

(2 Posts)
happy2bhomely Thu 11-Jun-15 18:42:45

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience of using a broker to find a right to buy mortgage?

We have had our valuation and discount information in the post today. The house is worth £340,000 and after deducting the maximum discount and improvements we've made, we've been told we can obtain the free hold for £237,000.

I've been told that some lenders are happy to accept the discount as the deposit, so that should help a lot but we do also have some savings.

The trouble is we have an income of about £43,000 which judging by the online calculators is no where near enough.

Do you think it's possible that a broker could find us a mortgage or is it just too unrealistic? The only people I know with mortgages got them 20 years ago, so a lot has changed since then! I'm completely clueless about the process and feel a bit dim.

Can anyone help?

candybar Sat 18-Jul-15 23:00:51

Santander offer rtb mortgages and will accept the discount as the deposit, I'd suggest contacting them to enquire. From my experience your income would need to be higher to obtain a £237,000 mortgage. When we applied our top offer was £241,000 with earnings of £55000 and no debt.

Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now