Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

calculating net salary from gross

(8 Posts)
electionfatigue Thu 28-May-15 17:16:13

help please! have used various different online calculators and getting a different answer each time.

Am I doing this right?

start with gross monthly salary, lets say 1000 for ease
take off childcare vouchers of 243 = 757
then take off pension of say 8%, 92 % of 757 is 696.44
Put that in a paye calculator with appropriate tax code and should get the same result each time!

Am I doing things in the right order e.g. calculating pension on the post CCV income?

any particular paye calculators to recommend? Mr Anchovy hasn't been updated for the current tax year

thanks in advance.

annielostit Thu 28-May-15 20:36:37

www.uktaxcalculators.co.uk

cookiefiend Thu 28-May-15 21:01:32

Listen to taxman is usually very accurate.

Listen to taxman

fufulina Thu 28-May-15 21:06:19

Or thesalarycalculator.co.uk - put in salary, and then work through deductions on the tabs.

fufulina Thu 28-May-15 21:07:43

And it will give you take home by day, week and month. V handy.

electionfatigue Thu 28-May-15 21:21:47

Thanks all, that's really helpful. They are all coming up within £20 or so of each other, I can live with that uncertainty!

candlesandlight Sun 31-May-15 21:13:33

The martin Lewis income checker / tax calculator is very good

Julieb85 Tue 09-Jun-15 17:02:17

Tax is cumulative, meaning the amount you'll pay is dependant on how much you've paid in recent months. Add a zero to your tax code then divide by 12 - that's your months tax free pay. PAYE will only been taken on what's left each month. Remember NI too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now