Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Random tax credits payment but I haven't renewed yet

(6 Posts)
mayaknew Mon 25-May-15 15:44:56

My payment was £10 more then I had another random payment of an extra £10 . I know this happens often when you renew and your payments are a bit under what was estimated , but I haven't renewed yet .

Would they have automatically renewed ? Because our income is lower than estimated and will be going down again by a good few thousand this year so I really wanted to speak to someone (I phoned in March to tell them of the changes and they told me it was too close to renewal I had to wait)

mayaknew Mon 25-May-15 16:29:55

Anyone ? smile

FourAndDone Mon 25-May-15 18:40:49

Are you on PAYE? I believe they get your figures and automatically renew your claim.smile
Very possibly could be wrong though!!grin

Fairylea Mon 25-May-15 18:42:43

Generally they renew automatically now. However if your income is going to be much lower or higher for the coming year you can ring them and have them adjust the award.

DuploTakingOver Tue 26-May-15 17:54:17

I had this too but have not even received my renewal yet confused

Iloveonionchutney Tue 26-May-15 17:56:35

I've had payments most years that are extra and usually find a letter turns up about a week later saying what it's for. Phone them and change your details though, sooner the better of it means they give you more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now