Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Concentrix/HMRC and childcare!!!

(104 Posts)
jessicarabbit0411 Thu 21-May-15 22:07:30

Hope someone will be able to help. Received the dreaded Concentrix childcare letter in March requesting a years worth of childcare receipts and bank statements. Was rather upset as I'm a widowed mum with a special needs child working 40 hours a week to make ends meet. I pay for a lot of childcare as although DS is secondary school age he can't be left alone without supervision. Realised when I calculated the figures that I had overestimated the amount I was paying so reckoned I would need to pay some of it back. A week ago I received my documents back in the post from Concentrix.
Then I received two payments I wasn't expecting from tax credits into my bank account. I rang Concentrix who said my case was closed and they were unable to make a decision so they have referred my case back to HMRC. I can't get through to HMRC they say I need to speak to Concentrix!! I don't want to spend the money as I'm sure they've paid me in error. Help!!!!!

Wenglish Fri 22-May-15 09:33:10

In a similar boat, I think we have been overpaid due the 15 hours element, which I thought was dealt with by the provider of childcare and now our invoices don't match up.
I'm terrified what will happen sad

Mypubesarestraight Sat 23-May-15 10:56:31

Same here sad

They want all my bank account statements for the past 2 years.
All my payslips and time sheets for the past 2 years.
My work contract.
A letter off my employer showing a breakdown of my weekly hours.

Wtf!!!

meglet Sat 23-May-15 11:02:29

I've had the childcare one..

I sent confirmation of costs to them in march. They finally returned them at the end of April saying I would receive an update tc statement soon. Nothing has appeared yet but they've knocked a fiver off my weekly payments.

Tbh I'm surprised they've reduced them. I'm pretty watertight on what I claim for childcare (one after school club a week for the 39 term weeks a year). Not sure where I went wrong with it confused.

Not had the back statements one yet. Seeing as I haven't done my filing in 4 yrs (non sleeping dd) I have no idea what pile my bank statements and pay slips are in.

nikkif80 Tue 02-Jun-15 13:19:17

I would like to know if anyones has been finalised yet or dealt with.
Concentrix have confirmed receipt of my docs but said to ring in two weeks if not heard. I don't want to wait incase my payments stop!

RebootYourEngine Tue 02-Jun-15 21:48:29

I got the letter a couple of days ago. I feel a bit uneasy sending a years worth of bank statements. I have also over estimated my childcare, think it is because when they calculate it they dont include the holiday allowance i get working. They work it out for 52 weeks of the year when i get 4 weeks holiday in that year.

babyalan13 Tue 02-Jun-15 22:31:05

Any bodies payments stopped?? Mine was the employment one!! Couldn't send time sheets cause I don't have time sheets so am extremely worried

nikkif80 Wed 03-Jun-15 12:02:54

I over estimated too so I know I will have to pay some back, hoping they just take monthly over 12 months like two years ago when I over estimated.

nikkif80 Wed 03-Jun-15 12:04:28

I rang today to see whats happening, they have my docs but haven't reviewed them yet.

maryelizabeth71 Wed 03-Jun-15 13:07:22

It's horrid isn't it. I received the childcare letter on 8/5 (they had to resend as they originally posted on 20/4 and it didnt arrive..... The only reason I found out was when doing review)

I sent info 11/5, they received 12/5 and scanned 14/5. Info back posted back 14/5 received 26/5!!!!

Called them 29/5 still not looked at and said give it a further 2 weeks!!!

I know mine is correct but it's still worrying :-(

SheHasAWildHeart Thu 04-Jun-15 11:43:28

I sent off my 'evidence' of childcare receipts etc yesterday. My payments haven't stopped whilst I'm being investigated.

SheHasAWildHeart Thu 04-Jun-15 11:46:50

Just checked and I sent my paperwork to the Post Office on the 2nd via Royal Mail Signed For. Checked the RM website and it hasn't moved beyond the post office I dropped it off at :/

babyalan13 Thu 04-Jun-15 16:30:28

When you post? It only took 1 day for mine to arrive. It says its been signed for

Beckybear Sat 06-Jun-15 15:20:19

Hi for the second year running I have received a letter asking for my child care receipts. Last year it was directly dealt with by HMRC. I had my decision letter just after a week. They have had my stuff now nearly 3 weeks this time.I've checked it's been received. Does anyone know how long they are taking. I hate all the waiting. I'm pretty sure everything is correct but it still worries me sick. Every day I'm hopping I will get the letter.

maryelizabeth71 Sat 06-Jun-15 15:33:02

They've had my info since 12/5 and it's not yet been looked at.

Helpline said yesterday they are very behind and wouldn't even give me an estimate!

So it's not just you

Beckybear Sat 06-Jun-15 16:48:27

I hAte all the waiting. Especially after HMRC only took 7 days last year. They shouldn't put on letter 10 working days. Hope we all get an outcome soon.

Beckybear Sat 06-Jun-15 16:50:29

Just read your earlier post. Have you had all your receipts back? Just checked mine was also received on 12/5 but not had Anything at all back

maryelizabeth71 Sat 06-Jun-15 17:28:46

Yes, they received on 12/5, I received my stuff back on 26/5 (the letter with it was dated 14/5!!)

SheHasAWildHeart Sun 07-Jun-15 22:10:39

Maybe they scan/photocopy all the paperwork & send yours back until they've caught up with their backlog?

nikkif80 Tue 09-Jun-15 09:33:17

Well I rang concentrix today to see whats happening and they wrote to me a second time asking for more info! Good Job I rang today cause letter hasn't come yet.

Apparently they need confirmation that there are no changes on my renewal I am slightly confused apparently I didn't tick a box online or something, not sure why they couldn't have rang me but im sure I ticked the box on the concentrix investigation form.

She also said its gone to the decision makers I asked about my renewal this will be processed along with investigation.

Why is it so time consuming and my payments will probably change before I get letter as the post doesn't go out daily it can take 2-3 weeks to arrive!

clarcats Tue 09-Jun-15 17:35:48

Interesting about the 'not ticking a box' bit, they told me the same! I did my renewal over the phone so I know there wasn't any box that I hadn't ticked, and my renewal was done almost as soon as I got it yet they keep (as in twice) have written to me about doing it!
I rang them as I got one letter asking me to give them more information (the non ticked box!) and another returning some things I had already sent them. One letter was dated 24th May yet didn't arrive until 1st June. It was then that I found out there was another letter coming - also dated 24th may, asking for info by June 7th. That letter didn't actually arrive until 5th June so not quite sure how I was meant to peform that miracle!
Anyway, I was given another 7 days and told I needed to get more info from my childcare provider then when the letter actually arrived it also asks for bank statements from april 14-april 15, any building society accounts statements along with the more info from childcare provider.
I am lone parent, low income yet high childcare costs which is why I think I am being targeted

nikkif80 Wed 10-Jun-15 12:06:48

clarcats

Sorry to ask, what info did you send them the first time then? I don't understand why they ask for more info and did you send proof of payment or is this why they needed bank statements?

I sent them invoices and bank statements showing the payments ive made. Not full statements though only the dates ive paid!
And two that were paid by cheque copies of the cheques. I also included a letter from the manager confirming my two kids go there in school holidays
#
I wish they would just ring the childcare company cause they would verify in a quick call!

I now think the box ticking thing is just to try and catch people out who have or haven't made any changes. My last change was Jan 2014 to a different provider but the question was have I had any changed april to april I said NO.

I am sick of it all tbh ringing chasing waiting so I will wait till next week and ring yet again incase they say they have sent a third letter! Surely if they are sendint more letters then someone is looking at our cases!

clarcats Wed 10-Jun-15 21:13:23

nikkif80
I told them I didn't have receipts etc as I don't keep them. I sent them a copy of my latest invoice which showed the charges for sessions for one day a week for a term (I book one am and one pm session a week whether I work or not and then the rest are booked as needed as I am a supply teacher so don't often know in advance if I am working or not). I explained this in the paperwork (their forms) I sent them.

When I spoke to someone on the phone @Concentrix, he told me that that invoice was no good as it wasn't last tax year but current tax year. When he said about the 'box' ticking bit it was to confirm my income was as it said on the form they sent (they got that info from HMRC I guess, as they hadn't asked for my figures) I gather they are checking you don't have some other hidden income! That's when he asked me to get my childcare provider to provide me with all sessions attended over april-april and I asked if he was having a laugh! I said I could probably get invoice copies and he seemed to think the childcare provider would have a data base of sessions. I explained to him it was just a small before/after school care setting as part of the school not some mega nursery or anything.

I did manage to get my provider to do a list of all sessions attended, and when I was going through it all last night there are several missing sessions and some errors in the charges shown. She had to go through a years paperwork I guess to find all this info for me, not some kind of straight forward job.

Anyway, it's all gone off tonight, recorded delivery, I have written that costs change due to nature of my job, that some errors are on the daily sessions sheet and that they are additional session to the ones shown on the invoices. I have also written all over it that I rang Concentrix and that I was given an extension on the date etc etc.

They should be targeting people who are high earners not low earners! I recon the next letter will be asking me for a years worth of wage slips! More printing ink! They'll probably want some kind of info from my employers too about how many hrs I work at week- despite it being impossible to predict! I guess I will have to wait and see!

griselda101 Mon 15-Jun-15 13:57:21

hi ladies

just a quick query as you all seem to have experience in this, just received a concentrix childcare letter requesting a year's worth of statements from nursery etc, it also mentions bank statements, do I have to send these as well, or can I just send the nursery statements? I'd rather not send bank statements as they are personal, I do have the evidence from my nusery to send so would think that would be enough.

I've informed them ASAP about all my nursery changes and tried to keep it exactly as the amount I am being charged. It changed due to getting the 15 hours free for 2YO from Jan, I told them about this.

I was also wondering why I had received this if I have kept them in the know, would there be a reason they had picked me out for checking or are they just checking everyone?

Any thoughts welcomed.

Many thanks

nikkif80 Mon 15-Jun-15 14:15:27

Hi not sure why we are being picked maybe just we are high risk!
I sent bank statements but they did tell me over phone a letter from childcare with payments on was fine like a year statement this is easier for them to look at that bank statements

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now