Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Three tax credit payments?

(3 Posts)
cakey87 Thu 14-May-15 08:00:48

Hi all

Hoping someone can help, I made a change to my childcare last week as my ds payments have now increased. Received my normal payment on Tuesday and then the same amount yesterday, I didn't think much of this as it has happened before so I have put this into my savings however woke up this morning to another payment for same amount again! The thing is I know that they are a nightmare overpaying as I am currently paying last years overpayment back and have heard they will not take the money back! What do I do? Will they take the money back if i call them or do I just put it in a savings account again?

cakey87 Thu 14-May-15 12:52:55

Any ideas anyone? grin

TwiceAsNiceAsIceAndaSlice Thu 14-May-15 13:09:05

Phone them?

They do tend to make any odd payments before the paperwork reaches you though so maybe wait and see if you get a letter in the next few days.

Fingers crossed it's not a mistake smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now