Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Worth claiming for ESA yet?

(1 Post)
00IdontKnow00 Mon 11-May-15 13:20:19

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any experience of claiming ESA, as a single parent with a child under the age of 5 (so no job centre appointments to look for work at the moment).
Since of the age of 19 ive suffered from back problems, only a few years ago I was told it was Sciatica. Anyway since having my children it has got a lot worse. Never considered claiming for ESA before and at an appointment least year an JC advisor told me that I should claim.
I just wondered if its worth applying now, or waiting until my youngest is at school? Only because I don't have to look for work at the moment and wouldn't claiming for ESA just mess all my benefits up (especially if I fail medical?). Anyone else applied while in same position as me?
I hope not to have to claim it too long but there is so much I have trouble with these days, still have to have my 3 year old in a buggy because I cant carry shopping or pick him up often - hope I can eventually find a job where I don't sit down or stand up all day - a mixture of both!
Anyway hope someone could help and thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now