Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I dont do online banking - can I still receive electronic payments from a 3rd party?

(5 Posts)
clottedcreamteawithscone Mon 11-May-15 09:24:18

Scouts needs to refund me some money they use online banking - I dont online bank but leader has said that I just need to give him sort code and account and he will transfer the money

I dont want to appear thick but can this be done?

GlitterTwinkleToes Mon 11-May-15 09:27:09

Yes! It can vary though on how long it takes your bank to process it, can be as little as a few minutes to three days.

Mine usually happen within half hour and I'm with Lloyds and Barclays

marmaladegranny Mon 11-May-15 09:29:16

Yes!! The amount will appear on your statement however you view or listen to it after the appropriate number of days.
Do you have a strong reason for not having online banking? Being an 'older person' I took a while to be convinced but it really does make life so much easier these days….

LomaLinda77 Mon 11-May-15 09:29:48

Yes. Anyone can transfer money to anyone else's account, if they have the sort code and the IBAN. You don't need to use online banking yourself, you just need to have a bank account. You will see the amount the next time you check your balance.

clottedcreamteawithscone Mon 11-May-15 09:31:20

thank you...no reason Im a cash up front person

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now